BUILDING A BETTER BEER SOCIETY.
Better Beer Society is now hiring!
We are a rapidly growing Twin Cities based organization dedicated to the growth and awareness of beer through education, helping our partners achieve best practices in beer sales and service through our professional certification course and range of expert services.
Our programs include an intensive beer education program for restaurants, bars and taprooms, a comprehensive draft partnership program, as well as an expert sampling division based on quality assurance and knowledge offering breweries support in the marketplace through samplings at liquor stores, special events, and festivals.
We are currently seeking individuals for the following positions:
• Brand Advocates
Better Beer Society is looking to expand our Brand Advocate program and seeking to hire for the following markets:
– Minneapolis/St. Paul
– St. Cloud
STATEMENT OF WORK & REQUIREMENTS
Our Brand Advocate Program consists of a selective group of beer enthusiasts offering representative support to our brewery and distribution partners through off-premise samplings, beer festivals, beer dinners and private events.
Our Brand Advocates are highly efficient in selling beer and are extremely knowledgeable in beer styles, history, beer & food pairings, as well as have a great understanding and knowledge of the breweries they are representing.
To guarantee this level of knowledge and quality, we offer monthly training for each of our BA’s including palate development, off-flavor and sensory, food pairing, styles and history, and much more. In addition, we work very closely with our brewery partners to ensure that we are acting as a true extension of their brewery.
If you meet the following criteria, we’d love to buy you a beer and see if you’d be a good fit for the program.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Certified Beer Server (Cicerone Level I) or willing to obtain
• Have a strong passion for beer and ability to speak intelligently about it.
• Weekend availability (Fridays and Saturdays)
• Willing to work at least 4 events each month.
• Reliable transportation and car insurance
• Smartphone with camera
• Industry experience a plus.
• Well-paid position.
• Better Beer Society will invest in your Level I Cicerone Certification.
• Working for a unique organization dedicated to education and best practices for beer.
• Incredible growth opportunities.
• Industry experience and continuing beer education.
• Industry perks (aka – BEER!)
• Attend special events and festivals.
• Have fun and meet like-minded individuals (aka – new friends!)
• Flexible schedule (8 to 80 hours per month)
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include which market you are applying for in the Subject line.
All submissions will be kept strictly confidential. This position is considered a 1099 independent contractor status.
Your cover letter should detail your enthusiasm for a career in beer and why you feel you’d make a good fit for the Better Beer Society. Qualified candidates will be contacted with next steps. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Your cover letter can be in the form of an email.
Cheers! We’d love to hear from you.